Job Title: Physician Assistant / Neuroscience - Neurology / Valhalla, Ny / Rotating
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Position: Full Time
Hours: N/W, 7-7
Shift: Weekend, Evening, Night
Req #: 27799
Posted Date: Nov 18, 2021
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT / NEUROSCIENCE – NEUROLOGY / VALHALLA, NY / ROTATING
- LOCATION: Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla NY
- SHIFT: FULL TIME – ROTATING (EVENING/NIGHTS) – FLEXIBLE 3/12s
- Provide direct and independent patient care and supports physicians in caring for all inpatient hospital neurology patients
- The PA will be responsible to perform medical and neurological evaluations, treatment, follow-up and consultations for all general neurology patients
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care
- Will act as a liaison between the Neurological Team and patients/families
- Assists with discharge planning and follow up care plans
- Serves on departmental and multidisciplinary committees, which influence or determine policies affecting medical practice
- Will be given opportunities to perform procedures such a lumbar punctures, line removals and feeding tube placements
- Willing to train and orient the right candidate!
- Candidates must be board certified as a Physician Assistant and possess or be able to obtain a license in New York.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1-year experience.
- Newly accredited practitioners with interest and abilities in Neurology will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
WMCHealth Network is seeking Physician Assistant(s) to provide nocturnal and overnight coverage for a newly forming Neuroscience Advanced Practice team at our flagship hospital in Valhalla. This team will provide a broad range services primarily for our adult neurology inpatient services, neurology consult services, stroke and epilepsy programs, as well as, provide secondary cross coverage to our neurosurgery inpatient team. The nocturnal neuroscience inpatient APP coverage team will be the primary coverage team 7 days a week for the Department of Neurology.
Comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes malpractice coverage, CME Allowance, and 401kThe highest standard of quality practice backed by comprehensive and collaborative support services Opportunities for continued professional development, mentoring and career advancement Academic rank at the New York Medical College will be commensurate with experience and qualifications How to Apply: For more information about this opportunity, contact Pasang Lama, Manager Advanced Clinical Recruitment by email at Pasang.Lama@wmchealth.org Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physicians Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC