Job Title: Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner-Critical Care (ICU)
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Department: Mhrh - Cap - App
Position: Full Time
Hours: Rotating 12
Shift: Day - 12 hour Shift
Req #: 29857
Posted Date: Oct 25, 2022
Salary Range: $62.23-$73.05 an hour
Salary Range: $62.23-$73.05/hr Schedule: Rotating 12 Hour
The Department of Critical Care is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP), Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, to join our growing team. In this strictly ICU role, the APP will work alongside experienced physician and APP colleagues managing diverse medical and surgical patients at MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY and HealthAlliance Hospital in Kingston, NY.
- Performing medical evaluations, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and consultations for diverse critical care patients.
- Responding to, managing and delivering direct patient care as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team.
- Gaining a working competency of procedures inclusive of, but not limited to, intubation, central line placement/removal, insertion/removal of chest tubes, and arterial lines.
- Candidates must be board certified as a Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and possess or be able to obtain an applicable license in New York.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1-year experience, although highly motivated new graduates with interest and abilities in critical care will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Candidates must have BLS, ACLS, PALS, and ATLS
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2, and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state-of-the-art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley. Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit WMCHealth.org. HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary's Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County's largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves. For more information, visit hahv.org.
- Comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes malpractice coverage, CME Allowance, and 401k
- The highest standard of quality practice backed by comprehensive and collaborative support services
- Opportunities for continued professional development, mentoring and career advancement.
- Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physicians Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC