Job Title: Physician-Hematology/Oncology
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Suffern, NY
Position: Full Time
Req #: 4688
Posted Date: Oct 17, 2022
Bon Secours Medical Group is seeking a Full-time Hematology Oncology Physician for Good Samaritan Hospital’s Medical Oncology Department. This provider will provide a broad range services for oncology and hematology patients and oversee the infusion center as well as assist in daily operations and patientcare. They will also be responsible for being one of the on-site primary provider for the cancer center and to have an ambulatory presence in the community.
The responsibilities will include seeing patients in the practice and coordinating their care, as well as seeing patients in the hospital/ER. This will also include managing emergencies- both on site and via phone, telephone triage and supportive care. The provider will serve as a mentor and role model, and resource person, for the RN staff in the Cancer Center. They will have the responsibility of assisting with policies and procedures, staff education, community outreach, accreditation activities, participating on institutional committees, maintaining compliance with the survivorship program for both campuses. The Provider will also have inpatient responsibilities, which will include initial evaluation, follow up and collaboration with the Hospitalist team and coordinating inpatient treatment, as well as outpatient follow-up and treatment; in addition to other activities as designated by the medical director.
· Provide hematology/oncology care in a high-functioning outpatient community-based practice setting
· Collaborate with multi-specialty practice colleagues
· Opportunities for leadership and career development
· Participate in tumor board, cancer committee, and commission on cancer (CoC) accreditation
· Additional support staff
· Medical Degree from an Accredited University
· New York Medical License
· Board Eligible or Board Certified in Hematology/Oncology
· Committed to Bon Secours Medical Group and the communities we serve
· Excellent communication, bedside manner, and organizational skills
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.