Job Title: Psychiatric Social Worker/LMHC
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Case Management
Position: Full Time
Req #: 20189
Posted Date: Sep 02, 2020
The Psychiatric Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor is responsible for providing thorough and clinically appropriate, culturally competent and trauma informed social work interventions including, but not limited to, Social Work psychiatric emergency evaluations, psychosocial assessments, person-centered treatment planning, group and individual therapy/psychoeducation, crisis interventions, family/collateral engagement and coordination of aftercare. The Psychiatric Social Worker achieves the expected productivity standard and thoroughly completes all documentation within the required timeframe. The Psychiatric Social Worker serves as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team, communicating and escalating issues as they arise to help ensure excellent patient care.
- Two years post-graduate experience in a medical, mental health or human services setting as a member of a multi-disciplinary team is preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling from an accredited Graduate Program
- New York State Social Work or Mental Health Counseling license required.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the therapeutic treatment modalities, i.e. individual, family, group or couples therapy, and with cases that present the more difficult treatment issues