Job Title: Radiology Aide
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Radiology Support
Position: Per Diem
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 22117
Posted Date: Jan 05, 2021
The Radiology Aide is responsible to assists technologists in all imaging modalities to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of patients and information through the department. Ensures positive patient and customer satisfaction, proper utilization of body mechanics, adherence to policies, procedures and standards established by Hospital, Department and Regulatory Agencies.
- Transports patients to and from the Radiology Department as well as between modalities within the Radiology Department as needed.
- Assists technologists with moving patients.
- Assists technologists by performing clerical functions, which includes accurate documentation in the electronic medical record as, needed, i.e., order entry, etc.
- Identifies every patient per hospital policy, i.e., verifies name and date of birth.
- Answers and acts on phone calls, i.e., fulfills telephone requests and transfers calls when appropriate.
- Fulfills requests for CDs and records from patients, other healthcare facilities and the Health Information Management Department.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA regulations by properly documenting requests on paper and in the electronic medical record.
- Prepares CDs and prints study result reports in fulfillment of requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
At least one year of full-time experience in clerical functions, preferably in a healthcare setting.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Licenses / Certifications:
N/A If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.