Job Title: Radiology Technologist
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Diagnostic Radiology
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 977
Posted Date: Sep 20, 2021
The Radiology Technologist performs various radiology services, including diagnostic imaging, and fluoro. Assists radiologists as needed.
- Performs various diagnostic radiographic images.
- Performs images as needed during OR procedures, including but not limited to, EP, Pain Management, etc.
- Follows precise procedures for exposure, positioning, and safety of patients.
- Assures proper quality of images for each radiological procedure.
- Positions patients according to radiologists’ protocols.
- Transports and operates portable x-ray equipment.
- Maintains security and control of meds within department.
- Obtains proper patient/image requisition identification in order to assure appropriateness of procedure.
- Properly identifies patients using 2 hospital-wide patient safety identifiers.
- Conducts patient/family education relevant to identified needs.
- Ensures patients/visitors are oriented to hospital.
- Maintains accurate patient records for all procedures performed, maintains patient confidentiality, and adheres to all HIPPA standards.
- Charges procedures and supplies used to patient record.
- Maintains required CE’s as needed for licensure.
- Operates all x-ray equipment, computers, phones, and fax machines.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides patient care to neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, geriatrics.
1-2 years of experience preferred; new graduates may be considered. Valid NY State License. Excellent technical, organizational, and customer service skills.
Graduate of an approved school of Radiology.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.