Job Title: Reg. Prgm Mgr. Emer Mntl Hlth
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Department: Mental Health
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 8am-430pm
Req #: 37184
Posted Date: Nov 09, 2023
Hiring Range: $43.09-$50.84
Under the direction of, and in collaboration with, WMCHealth’s Director, Division of Crisis Care and Patient Placement (“Division Director”), the Regional Program Manager will provide clinical and administrative supervision to professional social work staff and other subordinate staff assigned to conduct psycho-social evaluation and treatment of the mentally or developmentally disabled in a multi-disciplinary treatment team setting including social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, medical doctors, and other support staff with a focus on support and supervision in emergency departments across WMCHealth’s network. The Regional Program Manager may also report indirectly to the hospital’s Director of Social Work. The incumbent will be responsible for, at minimum, evaluating and developing assigned subordinate staff, coordinating the functions of the social work staff, implementing WMCHealth’s policies and procedures for Social Work, Behavioral Health, and Emergency Medical Services, and developing and implementing continuous quality improvement activities. Supervision is exercised over Psychiatric Social Workers, Community Workers, social work students, and other staff. Does related work as required.
- Organizes and delegates clinical operation tasks including case flow, medication, patient charts, equipment, maintenance, etc., to ensure the delivery of optimal patient care.
- Collaborates w/Director, hospital and network leadership, and staff to work towards becoming a premier Psychiatric Center of Excellence facility.
- Supervises and conducts intake evaluations of prospective patients to ascertain patient history and pertinent background, and to schedule appropriate treatment within the area of responsibility.
- Develops and implements utilization review and continuous quality improvement activities to ensure compliance with hospital and regulatory standards.
- Compiles and analyzes data to assist in planning, controlling and monitoring the activities of the division.
- Conducts periodic chart reviews to ensure the timeliness and appropriateness of social work intervention on assigned units
- Assists in the formulation and implementation of clinical goals and/or objectives for the unit/department and organization.
- Develops contacts and resources for patient referral of needed services in discharge planning and after-care.
- Performs supportive work with family members of patients.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates professional social work staff, providing in-service training to social work staff and other disciplines on an assigned or as needed basis.
- Ensures the preparation and maintenance of patient treatment records and other reports, in compliance with required standards.
- Attends meetings and conferences, and keeps abreast of latest developments in the field of social work.
- Responsible for the preparation and oversight of budget for their respective areas.
- Ensures completion of annual mandatory employee evaluations, competency/education, orientation, training, and all other personnel requirements are met.
Master’s degree from an accredited school of Social Work or BSN. Credentials and Expertise:
- Must possess a current license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) by the New York State Department of Education or BSN.
- Thorough knowledge of general psychiatric standards and practices and familiarity with NYS Office of Mental Health standards, Joint Commission standards, and knowledge of mental hygiene standards and other applicable regulatory standards.
- Thorough knowledge of Social Work theory, practice, practice standards, and technology in the specialty area, and good knowledge of the nature and causes of developmental disabilities, social maladjustment, and mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and evaluate the work of professional social workers, conduct interviews to obtain social and medical information necessary to perform diagnostic evaluation, and analyze and summarize psychosocial information.
- Expertise in standards of care for behavioral health settings treating various populations, including: inpatient, outpatient, emergency department, and community mental health and substance abuse treatment for adult, child and adolescent patients.
- Minimum five years of professional social work/nursing experience in a health care setting, emphasis on psychiatric emergency services and/or individual and family mental health crisis intervention services a plus.
- Minimum three years progressive supervisory experience in a health care setting.
- Proven leadership, customer service skills, sound independent judgment, initiative, and solid organizational and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of health care delivery and reimbursement systems, and of regulatory requirements governing acute care hospitals and after-care agencies.
- Familiarity with available medical, mental health, substance community resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to work and relate to a wide variety of people, both professional and lay.
- Ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position;
- Physical condition commensurate with the requirements of the position.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement