Job Title: Registered Nurse 12hr
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Mental Health
Position: Per Diem
Hours: all shifts
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 29447
Posted Date: Mar 22, 2022
The Registered Nurse demonstrates competence by integrating theoretical knowledge with clinical experience in the care of assigned patients and families by independently assessing, planning, and evaluating patients and families utilizing the systematic approach of the Nursing Process. The RN utilizes patterns of patient responses to guide practice and provides nursing care as defined by the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of MHVS, the NY State Nurse Practice Act and our Philosophy of Nursing.
- Graduate Nurse considered
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure in New York State as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Certified in Basic Life Support.
- Other certifications as required in specialty area.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
- Must demonstrate ability to form effective working relationships with hospital personnel of all levels, to include the multidisciplinary team and both patients and families.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.