Job Title: Registered Nurse
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Union Name: NYSNA
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 6422
Posted Date: May 30, 2023
Hiring Range: $45.00
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing direct and individualized nursing care to women and newborns in an assigned clinical area within their scope of practice, including but not limited to, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Labor, Delivery, Recovery, Postpartum, and Neonatal care within St. Anthony Community Hospital. This position is responsible for assessing, managing, delegating, coordinating, and providing nursing care utilizing the nursing process and effective communication skills with patients, family members, and members of the multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Provides safe, competent, and complete direct nursing care and support to women before, during, and after a vaginal or cesarean section delivery of the baby as well as post gynecological surgery.
- Assesses physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing of the patient.
- Provides a family-centered approach to care including the patients and family in the process of care planning.
- Maintains fetal surveillance via Electronic Fetal Monitoring (EFM) and auscultation.
- Evaluates and documents patients’ responses to the care regimen and adds to, changes, or resolves interventions of the nursing plan of care.
- Assists and collaborates with the physician and other members of the health care team in treatment and plan of care.
- Provides education to the obstetric, gynecological, and female surgical patient about medication, medical treatments, disease-specific information, and follow up care for both herself and her newborn.
- Provides education to the patient’s support person/s related to the plan of care for the patient and newborn during their hospital stay and in preparation for discharge home.
- Participates in discharge planning in collaboration with other health care providers and community resources when indicated to ensure full utilization of support services.
- Participates in continuing education programs and completes required hospital/organizational education programs to improve practice skills and knowledge and provide evidence-based care and maintain positive patient outcomes.
- Actively participates in the performance improvement initiatives and process improvement activities and implementation of changes.
- Acts as a preceptor to inexperienced or newly hired nurses to ensure appropriate orientation to assigned units.
- Annotates medical records in accordance with established procedures, implements infection control protocols, and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
One year of medical-surgical hospital and OB/GYN LDRP experience preferred.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Completion of BSN is expected within 5 years of hire.
Licenses / Certifications:
Must possess a valid New York State Registered Nurse license and a current RN registration issued by the New York State Education Department. BLS required. ACLS and NRP certifications must be completed within 6 months of employment. Must obtain Intermediate EFM Certification within 1 year of hire date.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, the use of personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies pertaining to infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.