Job Title: Registered Nurse-WMCHealthWorx
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: WRM - Nursing Admin -Valhalla
Req #: 23633
Posted Date: Mar 03, 2021
The WMCHealthWorx Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care in an assigned clinical area, including but not limited to, ambulatory, psychiatric, medical/surgical, critical care, specialty units, or long-term care units at one of the many facilities throughout the Hudson Valley, within WMCHealth. Contact the recruitment team to learn more about the current opportunities available at the facility of your choice. They provide direct nursing care by assessing patients’ needs, performing physical examinations, and taking health history and demographic information. In addition, the Registered Nurse plans, develops, implements, administers, evaluates and updates specialized plans of treatment and preventive care regimens in accordance with medical orders and nursing standards, and also annotates medical records in accordance with established procedures, implements infection control protocols, and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care.
- Responsible for providing patient centered care to medically complex patients.
- Supervises care, treatment, and services of the patient(s).
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnosis, expected patient outcomes and appropriate nursing interventions.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times with patients, medical staff, and co-workers.
- Provides a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic patient environment, using empathy.
- Adheres to and supports the policies/procedures/goals/objectives of WMCHealth and the local hospital to provide quality patient care, revises plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care and nursing interventions.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Implement physicians’ orders, administer medications, start IVs, perform treatments, procedures and special tests, and document treatment as required by WMCHealth and local hospital policy and local/state/federal rules and regulations.
- Assess and evaluate patients’ needs for, and responses to, care rendered.
- Apply sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Administer prescribed medications as ordered.
- Utilizes nursing process, evidenced-based practice, and unit-specific competencies to complete an accurate and timely assessment of the patient’s needs, goals, preferences, and resources available.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act; Joint Commission, state, and local laws; and Patient’s Bill of Rights.
- Uses appropriate standards of safety and hygiene to maintain a patient care environment with a focus on safety and preventing the spread of communicable disease between patients and staff.
- Maintains positive relationships with physicians and other interprofessional team members, collaborating to problem solve and improve patient care.
- Provides excellent customer service and positively impacts HCAHPS metrics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Previous professional nursing experience required
Associates degree required, BSN preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Must possess a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Education Department, as a Registered Nurse. Current BLS required.
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.