Job Title: Respiratory Therapist - Grant Funded
Company: Margaretville Hospital
City/State: Margaretville, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Position: Part Time
Hours: M-F 9am-5pm
Req #: 32352
Posted Date: Oct 19, 2022
The Respiratory Therapist is a .75 FTE grant-funded position. Experience in performing pulmonary function tests, pulmonary rehabilitation experience, routine care of respiratory equipment are key to success for this role.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferred, new graduates will be considered
- Graduate of an AMA approved program in Respiratory Care
Licenses / Certifications:
- Possession of a valid NYS license and current registration issued by the New York StateEducation Department as a Respiratory Therapist, required
- Possession of registration as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care, required
- BLS, ACLS, PALS & NRP required within 3 months of hire.
- Respiratory care, emergency care, and intensive care experience.
- Strong knowledge of pulmonary function and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Experience with respiratory equipment.
- Spanish-speaking, a plus.
Margaretville Hospital, in Margaretville, NY, is home to Delaware County’s most advanced critical-care access hospital. This 15-bed facility cares for more than 240 inpatients annually while performing 14,000 outpatient procedures each year. Margaretville Hospital was named one of the top 100 critical-access hospitals in the nation by the National Rural Health Association. It provides emergency care, ambulatory care services, laboratory testing, medical imaging, physical and occupational therapy, swing-bed rehabilitation programs, respite care, and board-certified specialist and wellness education.