Job Title: RN
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Intensive Care
Union Name: NYSNA
Position: Full Time
Shift: Evening, Night
Req #: 31661
Posted Date: Sep 13, 2022
The Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for providing a restorative healing experience for the patient and the patient’s support systems in transformational partnership with the Clinical Manager and the interdisciplinary team. As an accountable professional, the Registered Nurse exercises autonomy (the right to undertake a specified action), authority (the power to implement action), and control (the ability to enforce the action in an ongoing and consistent manner) in order to ensure these excellent patient outcomes. Professional accountability is expressed in five areas: practice, quality assurance, competence, research, and resource management. Work Environment Job Requirements Job Requirements:
- Licensure and Certifications: Employee maintains current licensure and/or required certifications.
- Annual Mandatory
Employee completes annual Mandatory Education Module, Annual Health Assessment,Age Specific requirements, etc…
- Time and Attendance: Employee complies with all HealthAlliance and departmental policies for time and attendance.
- Professional Appearance: Employee complies with HealthAlliance policy for professional Appearance (Dress Code), including wearing ID Badge.
- Safety – maintains a safe environment for patients, visitors, physicians and employees.tandards of ExcellencResponsibilities
- Patient Assessment – Demonstrates autonomy in practice by performing a thorough and ongoing holistic nursing assessment, including appropriate admission assessment of patient and patient support systems. Upon admission, the RN identifies, prioritizes and documents current and potential problems in developing an individualized plan of care that addresses needs and concerns. Develops appropriate interventions and desired outcomes for key problems with the goal of positive and effective patient outcomes. Evaluates problems based on patient condition and per policy.
- Patient Care/Discharge Planning – Nurses are accountable for their own practice in the coordination of care. The RN will collaborate with patient, patient support systems, and appropriate health care team members, to meet the patient’s present needs, discharge needs and outcomes identified for key problems. Implements a plan of care upon admission or within 24 hours of admission. Recognizing that interdisciplinary decision-making is essential, the RN initiates interdisciplinary referrals upon admission and as needed. The RN facilitates the evaluation, revision and documentation of the patient’s plan of care on a regular and on-going basis.
- Teaching – The RN is empowered to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking skills to process information on the plan of care to provide individualized, ongoing teaching to patient and patient support systems throughout the continuum of care. Teaching is a vital component of nursing care. The RN uses current, evidence-based practice when teaching patients and support systems.
- Communication – As a professional, the RN demonstrates mutual respect and collaboration when communicating with the interdisciplinary health care team. Communication is a two-way process in which the RN mindfully utilizes effective communication skills such as active listening, relationship building and assertive communication techniques. The RN conveys a strong sense of advocacy and protects patient rights. The RN strives to create high performance teams by providing the teams with an overall positive, inclusive sense of support.
- Treatment/ Procedures – As the essential provider of healthcare, the RN performs all treatments and procedures in accordance with established evidence-based policies, procedures and patient care Standards. The RN collaborates with the MD and all members of the health care team in the performance of these tasks.
- Documentation – The RN accurately, efficiently, and in a timely fashion, documents pertinent patient information Utilizing the nursing process on all required forms or fields/ screens to ensure that patient information is collected and communicated effectively to ensure excellent patient outcomes.
- Medication Administration – The RN provides all aspects of the medication process including: assessment, administration, monitoring, and evaluation of the patient’s response to the medication. The RN teaches the patient and the patient support system regarding the safe use of medications and initiates referrals to Pharmacy as needed.
- Quality Performance and Improvement (QPI) – Actively participates in the QPI process to achieve excellent patient outcomes and improved processes. Participation in QPI includes the development of the QPI plans by identifying actual or potential problems, collecting data, analyzing the results, implementing corrective action plans and sustaining improvements. The RN actively participates in maintaining and improving the Culture of Patient Safety.
- Delegation to and Development of Co-workers – The RN accurately delegates aspects of patient care to the LPN, CNA, and other ancillary personnel according to their Scope of Practice, job description, individual competence and patient needs. The RN supervises the provision of this care by clearly communicating the right task in the right circumstance to the right individual, while being available to provide the right direction and supervision. The RN orients, precepts, mentors, teaches and fosters the development of co-workers from Novice to Expert.
- Unit specific competencies.
- Goals and Objectives
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, currently licensed in the State of New York, or permittee. Membership in a professional organization suggested.
- Basic knowledge of nursing theory and practice. Knowledge of appropriate technology and practice standards for area of responsibility. Demonstrates sound clinical skills; knowledge of Hospital structure, objectives and standards of practice, positive communication skills.
- Minimum of one year RN experience in Med/Surg
- ICU experience preferred
- New York State Registered Nurse license required, or permittee.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS and Stroke Certification required (must obtain ACLS, PALS, Stroke Cert within Orientation/Probationary Period).
HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County’s largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves.