Job Title: RN
Company: Mountainside Residential Care Center
City/State: Margaretville, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Skilled Nursing
Position: Full Time
Shift: Evening, Night
Req #: 33785
Posted Date: Feb 17, 2023
The RN Supervisor is responsible to maintain the nursing philosophy, objectives, and standards of quality nursing care; and ensure compliance with standards, codes, rules and regulations, and the policies set-forth by Mountainside. ***SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE*** Job Requirements:
- Licensure and Certifications: Employee maintains current licensure and/or required certifications.
- Annual Mandatory
Employee completes annual Mandatory Education Module, Annual Health Assessment,Age Specific requirements, etc…
- Time and Attendance: Employee complies with all HealthAlliance and departmental policies for time and attendance.
- Professional Appearance: Employee complies with HealthAlliance policy for professional Appearance (Dress Code), including wearing ID Badge.
- Safety – maintains a safe environment for patients, visitors, physicians and employees.tandards of ExcellencResponsibilities
- Notifies the Director of Nursing and Administrator on call as required.
- Participates actively with IDT and follows-through on actions determined by the Team.
- Is responsible for every resident in the facility.
- Serves as a resident advocate and ensures resident rights are maintained.
- Supports the medical staff.
- Works collaboratively with all departments at Mountainside and MMH.
- Works with staff in the planning of the unit’s services, programs, and activities.
- Ensures consistency between both floors in nursing care.
- Ensures staff comply with polices and standards of care.
- Ensures completeness of Accident and Incident reports.
- Promotes mission and values of Mountainside.
- Serves as a leader and resource for nursing staff.
- Participates in investigations as assigned.
- Ensures safe quality care is provided to the resident’s daily, and essential information is communicated to provide appropriate continuity of care from admission to discharge.
- Is a liaison with residents, families, and other departments to adequately plan for and provide resident care.
- Guides LPN Nurse Managers, LPNs, and CNAs responsibilities.
- Ensures accurate, appropriate, and complete documentation by all nursing staff.
- Ensures accuracy of each.
- Completes timely as assigned.
- Effectively communicates the plan of care.
- Ensures that resident care plan is followed.
- Ensures appropriate and ongoing communication to the resident, family, staff, MD, IDT, etc.
- Uses communication to enhance quality of resident care and staff working environment.
- Assists with employee evaluations, employee praise, and discipline as necessary.
- Actively participates with staff education.
- Promotes an environment of learning.
- Ensures staff attends mandatory inservices and meets minimum continuing education requirements.
- Conducts routine staff audits to ensure care is being delivered per care plan and medical staff orders.
- Ensures work consistency among staff.
- Promotes a positive, friendly work environment.
- Ensures appropriate are available and monitors that supplies are utilized appropriately to avoid waste.
- Is cost-effective.
- Ensures staff awareness of manuals, including other departments (e.g. MSDS, emergency protocols).
- Uses manual and assists other staff on using policies as necessary.
- Constantly strives to enhance the resident and staff experience.
- Reports and completes necessary paperwork for each resident incident/accident/change in condition.
- Ensures staff compliance with standards and regulations.
- Reports potential outbreaks and takes appropriate measures to control/eliminate infection control exposures.
- Required to ensure appropriate coverage for the nursing department 24/7, including weekends, holidays, and off-shifts.
- Is RN on-call when there is not an RN in-house.
- Works beyond normal working hours, or in other positions temporarily when necessary (e.g. administers medications).
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions.
- Takes RN on-call as needed.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and be enthusiastic.
- Must work harmoniously with others.
- Seeks out new methods and principles to incorporate into the nursing practice.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Able to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures necessary to provide quality care.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration among Mountainside staff members.
- Must continually strive to enhance knowledge, and ensure evidenced-based nursing is being practiced.
- Encouraged to attend an out-of-facility continuing education seminars.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing as a RN
- 2 years clinical experience
- NYS RN License
Mountainside Residential Care Center
Join the team at Mountainside Residential Care Center, our award-winning 82-bed enhanced care facility. We have received a 5-Star rating from Medicare’s “Nursing Home Compare” and 5-star ratings in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Nursing Homes 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 issues. Not only is Mountainside Residential Care Center rated as one of the top nursing homes nationwide for providing excellence in care — we are also setting the pace for outstanding care and quality services.