Job Title: Security Officer
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Broadway Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Position: Full Time
Hours: 12-8 Tue thru Sat
Req #: 26585
Posted Date: Sep 12, 2021
Functions as a critical liaison to management, to assure established hospital wide health, safety, security and environmental protection programs are being carried out on a routine basis throughout the organization. Provides routine and complex safety, security specific functions that protect patients, staff and visitors in a focused and cost efficient manner. Closely interacts with others in controlling situations of emergency, crisis, violent and/or disruptive behavior. Maintains loss due to accidents and/or incidents which result in loss time, loss of property, or interruption to business operations.
- Associates Degree — Criminal Justice, Business or Sciences – preferred. Previous experience in a fast paced/life and death emergency service organization such as firefighting or EMS may be substituted for formal education.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred. Should display good organizational ability and time management skills. Must possess excellent human relations skills, good oral command of the English language, good writing skills. Ability to verbally and physically deescalate disruptive, violent and/or crisis situations.
- Acceptable NYS drivers license required. Current NYS Department of State, Security Guard license required.
- Must display advanced computer skills and competency. Must display good mechanical aptitude and understanding of various building emergency systems.
- Completes annual NYS-OMH Preventing and Managing Crisis Situations (PMCS) training.
· Must successfully pass and maintain NYS and Federal criminal history background checks. Must not be convicted of any felony, serious misdemeanor or denied employment by the NYS Justice Center.
HealthAlliance Hospital - Broadway Campus
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County’s largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves.