Job Title: Security Officer
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Position: Per Diem
Hours: Tuesday/ Saturday
Shift: Day, Evening
Req #: 19630
Posted Date: Aug 14, 2020
Functions as a critical liaison to management, to assure established hospital wide health, safety, security and environmental protection programs are being carried out on a routine basis throughout the organization. Provides routine and complex safety, security specific functions that protect patients, staff and visitors in a focused and cost efficient manner. Closely interacts with others in controlling situations of emergency, crisis, violent and/or disruptive behavior. Maintains loss due to accidents and/or incidents which result in loss time, loss of property, or interruption to business operations.
- Associates Degree — Criminal Justice, Business or Sciences – preferred. Previous experience in a fast paced/life and death emergency service organization such as firefighting or EMS may be substituted for formal education.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred. Should display good organizational ability and time management skills. Must possess excellent human relations skills, good oral command of the English language, good writing skills. Ability to verbally and physically deescalate disruptive, violent and/or crisis situations.
- Acceptable NYS drivers license required. Current NYS Department of State, Security Guard license required.
- Must display advanced computer skills and competency. Must display good mechanical aptitude and understanding of various building emergency systems.
- Completes annual NYS-OMH Preventing and Managing Crisis Situations (PMCS) training.
Must successfully pass and maintain NYS and Federal criminal history background checks. Must not be convicted of any felony, serious misdemeanor or denied employment by the NYS Justice Center.