Job Title: Senior Patient Service Representative
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Stony Point, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Cardiology Consultant A
Position: Part Time
Req #: 110
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Senior Patient Service Representative provides on-site lead for daily operations for the Medical Secretary. Serves as a liaison between Practitioners and Patients to coordinate successful delivery of care and services.
- Checks patients into office.
- Handles all questions regarding the office and procedures.
- Reviews correspondence, memoranda, and routine reports and communicates with the Office Manager.
- Answers all patient and hospital phone messages and communicates them to physicians.
- Processes incoming medical records and gets them into the electronic medical record.
- Answers phones and schedule appointments.
- Understands and helps assure compliance with HIPAA.
- Oversees the daily schedule for the physician.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving and critical thinking techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5 years of prior related experience. Heavy front desk and or customer service experience a must. Work requires knowledge of physician office policies, procedures, medical insurances and equipment. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills required.
High School diploma or GED required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Charity Medical Group will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.