Job Title: Social Worker
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Case Management
Position: Full Time
Req #: 2572
Posted Date: Aug 30, 2021
Provides psychosocial assessments and counseling to patients and their family members. The Social Worker possess advanced knowledge and understanding of disease entities and processes, and their psychosocial impact on patients and families. The Social Worker is able to physically tolerate work in the face of catastrophic illnesses, traumatic injuries, and medical anomalies. Assumes a communication role with the patient/family, interdisciplinary team members, and providers of services across the continuum.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited Graduate School of Social Work, with one year post-graduate experience in a medical, mental health, or human services setting as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- At least two years of experience in Hospital Discharge Planning preferred. Experience in one or more of the therapeutic treatment modalities (i.e. individual, family, group or couples therapy) and with cases that present the more difficult treatment issues.
- New York State Social Work licensure – LMSW or LCSW.
- Excellent oral and written skills, basic computer skills, basic computer skills, and should have the ability to function independently with minimal and selective use of consultation.
- Must have advanced knowledge and understanding of medical technology and medical treatment modalities.
HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County’s largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves.