Job Title: Social Worker
Company: Schervier Pavilion
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Subacute Social Services
Position: Full Time
Req #: 6894
Posted Date: Jul 31, 2023
Hiring Range: $30.01 - $37.73
The Social Worker assists in meeting the psychosocial, mental and emotional needs of residents along with providing or aiding in the access of services to enable the residents to achieve their optimal level of health and psychosocial functioning. The Social Worker also works with families of patients/residents to assist them in coping with adjustments due to placement of their relatives.
- Provides direct social work services and counseling to residents and their families and/or groups of residents in relation to emotional problems, social and practical environmental problems and group services.
- Completes psycho-social assessment for each resident's needs, including psychological, financial, cultural and family situation assessment.
- Evaluates social and family information and determines plan for psycho-social treatment.
- Communicates relevant information to IDCP team. Obtains resources from community, social, health and welfare agencies as needed to provide optimal care.
- Provides consultation to members of staff, community agencies, and other persons or groups seeking guidance in efforts to solve the problems of residents.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with community, health, welfare and social agencies.
- Participates in community social welfare organization and planning as related to the interest of the residents and the Facility.
- Participates and assists in departmental studies and projects as assigned.
- Performs administrative tasks related to the job; i.e., time planning, recording, reports and other routines as required by the Social Services Department.
- Participates in the development of a written, interdisciplinary plan of care for each resident that identifies the psychosocial needs/issues of the resident, the goals to be accomplished for those needs/issues, and the appropriate social worker interventions.
- Coordinates the resident discharge planning process and make referrals for appropriate homecare services prior to the resident's return to the community.
- Documents information in patient record and maintains accurate logs and reports.
- Ensures all government requirements are met for social services documentation.
Two years social work with the elderly preferably in a long term care setting.
Social Worker with a Master's degree in social work or a Social Worker with a Bachelor's in social work or a related field who has regular access to a supervisor who is a CSW or a MSW.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
401K or 403B
Flexible Saving Account
Paid Time Off
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located on a 27-acre campus that includes St. Anthony Community Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete continuum of care.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement