Job Title: Social Worker
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: General - Adult Psych
Union Name: 1199B
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 7206
Posted Date: Sep 19, 2023
Hiring Range: $38.57
The Social Worker will serve as a member of a treatment team and is responsible for the coordination of treatment of all patients on assigned caseload. The Social Worker will complete psychosocial evaluation and will participate in formulating patient treatment plan in conjunction with other team members; maintains adequate patient records; participates in discharge planning; performs screening interviews with prospective admissions when needed; maintains contact with referral sources during patient's treatment; provides supervision of interns as needed. The Social Worker will also participate in QA and outcome measures and perform special projects as assigned.
- Exhibits high standards of guest, staff and community relations and maintains professional behavior in the performance of these duties.
- Ensures legal papers are completed correctly and prepares other documentation as necessary.
- Documents all interaction timely and accurately on the proper form.
- Develops and implement person-centered treatment plans.
- Functions as an integral part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Identifies problems and plan interventions in response to these problems.
- Adheres to Mental Health Units policies and procedures in admitting new patients.
- Remains knowledgeable and current about community resources and other concrete services.
- Arranges for post discharge care of patients by referring patients to appropriate community agencies to meet aftercare needs.
- Collects data, prepares monthly statistical reports on all patients, and presents to the Clinical Director.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work area and adheres to hospital policies, procedures, and standard safe work practices.
- Maintains and fosters positive working relationships with appropriate community service providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates communication skills to perform in a role that enhances interdisciplinary communications and cooperation good practice skills, continued commitment of ongoing professional growth and development able to work under stressful situations and a fast-paced environment. Experience with inpatient setting preferred. LMSW/LCSW License required
Master Degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.