Job Title: Sr Housekeeping Aide
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Department: Environmental Services
Position: Full Time
Req #: 323
Posted Date: May 18, 2021
The Lead Housekeeping Aide has the responsibility to ensure the daily functions below are completed by staff and performs a variety of general environmental services tasks to establish and maintain a safe, sanitary, attractive, and orderly facility. These tasks are performed in accordance with hospital and infection control standards.
- Responsibility to ensure the daily cleaning assignments are completed by staff and to assure the tasks are performed according to policy and procedure manual Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Communicates with Director & Assistant Director regarding Supplies and needs for the Department.
- Analyzes and trouble shoots concerns.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mops floors, and polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms.
- Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas.
- Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using vacuum machines.
- Cleans fixtures, windows, doorframes and high areas using a ladder.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials.
- Moves, removes, and relocates furniture, furnishings, equipment, etc., as directed.
- Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specified bags or containers.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares room for new occupant.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedure of Operating Room and prepares for the next day surgery.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors, and walls of bathrooms.
- Sets up chairs and tables, etc., for special events and folds and stores them after the event.
- Moves large items in and out of storage.
- Assists in hanging drapes and dividers and takes them down for cleaning.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Policies facility grounds, dock and sanitation areas to maintain a clean and orderly exterior.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Previous Lead experience preferred.
A high school diploma or equivalency is required
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Anthony Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.