Job Title: Staff Pharmacist
Company: Margaretville Hospital
City/State: Margaretville, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Full Time
Hours: Day w/ weekend rotation
Req #: 30308
Posted Date: May 13, 2022
Hiring Range: $63.76/Hr
The Pharmacist will provide service to Margaretville Hospital and Mountainside Residential Care Center. The Pharmacist will assist the Pharmacy Director with special projects and needed daily tasks. The Pharmacist will serve as a supervisor for all Pharmacy Staff. Job
- Provide all daily Patient Medications & Drug Chart Exchanges as per current schedule.
- Complete daily Discharge Prescription Billing.
- Provide Patient Education materials.
- Assist with Quarterly QA Reports.
- Assist with QA System.
- Provide all Requested Drug Information.
- Assist with keeping the Pharmacy compliant with Federal, State and DNV Regulations.
- Maintain appropriate levels of Formulary Medications.
- Annual barrier isolator, glove box, IV hood maintenance-required to review ASHP sterile compounding guidelines and the current manufacturer SOP for the barrier isolator located in the Pharmacy and complete exam annually.
- Supervise daily retail operations.
- Process all daily prescription orders
- Fill & Deliver all Daily Medication Orders.
- Fill and deliver weekly Medication Cart Exchanges.
- Complete all Medication-Related Billing at, End of Month, Mid-Month Discharges, or whenever there is a Change of Insurance.
- Process all Returns of Medications and Issue Appropriate Credits.
- Produce a Monthly Charge of true cost for all OTC & Prescription Items used by the Nursing Home.
- Provide Drug Information requested by Residents, Nursing Staff and Physicians.
- Maintain a Patient Profile System to monitor Drug Interactions, Patient Allergies & Duplication of Therapy.
- Maintain a Unit Dose System to provide Unit Dose Medications as required.
- Maintain Emergency Medication Boxes as required.
- Graduate of a School of Pharmacy accredited by the New York State Department of Education, with a current licensure to practice Pharmacy in the State of New York.
- 5+ years of experience in Medical
- NYS Pharmacy License. Must Complete Annual Preventing Fraud, Waste & Abuse in Pharmacy Practice, DME training as required, and attend Mandatory In-Service Training.
Interacts with all Hospital/Nursing Home Departments, Personnel and Ambulance Squads, and the Public. Must be able to think and act rapidly.
Margaretville Hospital, in Margaretville, NY, is home to Delaware County’s most advanced critical-care access hospital. This 15-bed facility cares for more than 240 inpatients annually while performing 14,000 outpatient procedures each year. Margaretville Hospital was named one of the top 100 critical-access hospitals in the nation by the National Rural Health Association. It provides emergency care, ambulatory care services, laboratory testing, medical imaging, physical and occupational therapy, swing-bed rehabilitation programs, respite care, and board-certified specialist and wellness education.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement