Job Title: System Director
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Department: Diagnostic Radiology
Position: Full Time
Req #: 189
Posted Date: May 07, 2021
The System Director of Radiology manages all day-to-day operations of the Imaging Services Departments including outpatient imaging centers and all diagnostic imaging modalities of Bon Secours Charity Health System.The System Director ensures that all modalities such as Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Diagnostic Radiology, Mammography, CT Scan, MRI, Interventional Radiology, Pet/CT and Vascular comply with all state and federal regulations and regulatory guidelines.
- Develops and implements department protocols and policies/procedures in conjunction with the Medical Director of Imaging Services.
- Develops goals and objectives for diagnostic imaging services and establishes plans to accomplish responsibilities.
- Develops and implements a productive QI/QA program.
- Corresponds with state and federal agencies regarding rules and regulations and responds with appropriate course of action when necessary.
- Serves on committees as needed to promote quality care and excellent customer service throughout Bon Secours Charity Health System.
- Provides and manages appropriate staffing and delegates accordingly to ensure staffing levels.
- Provides educational opportunities for staff and ensures staff maintains ongoing technical expertise.
- Ensures quality in products and services provided by Diagnostic Imaging Services.
- Leads the implementation of strategic growth initiatives related to imaging services including, but not limited to, equipment selection/purchase, space design/management and design/implementation of service delivery models.
- Bears responsibility for all aspects of financial budgeting for all imaging modalities.This includes development and execution of operational budget, capital budget and productivity management for all modalities.
- Manages and maintains PACS/RIS/Connect Care function within the department enabling an effective and efficient flow of clinical information to physicians and patients.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for external and internal customer satisfaction through daily rounding, visibility within assigned unit and any other necessary means.
- Monitors market needs and trends to enhance market share
- Creates reports presenting statistical data collected
- Standardized practices and systems across the network.Reviews, approves and refers proposals to maintain efficient and effective processes
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Experience:5 – 7 years of progressive leadership experience in Radiology.
Education:Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate of AMA-approved school of Radiologic Technology.
Licenses / Certifications:Licensed as a Radiologic Technologist in New York State, AART.
Other:The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.