Job Title: Ultrasound Tech
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Hawthorne, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 9a-530p
Req #: 30944
Posted Date: Jul 19, 2022
Qualified candidates will be responsible for performing high risk perinatal Obstetric (OB) ultrasound examinations in accordance with established departmental guidelines and protocols. Candidates should have special interest and expertise in prenatal diagnosis and OB ultrasound with the ability to recognize normal and pathological conditions and apply additional modalities as indicated.
- Performs specified diagnostic Ultrasound procedures per standard protocols under the supervision of the provider obstetric, gynecological and high-risk OB patients.
- Assesses the patient’s physical condition and age specific needs.
- Knowledge of perinatal ultrasound procedures which may include invasive procedures such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling.
- Ability to perform fetal Doppler studies, 3D/4D image rendering, fetal echocardiography and nuchal translucency screening.
- Ability to analyze fetal anatomy in all stages of gestation for anomalies and fetal wellbeing.
- Ability to appropriately image the maternal reproductive anatomy for anomalies including transvaginal ultrasound.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures while providing support that achieve desired results.
- Assesses sonographic images for technical quality, proper annotation and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- Documents clinical history and provide accurate documentation for invasive procedures and any other pertinent information depending on patient status.
- Experience with ultrasound Electronic Medical Record Systems such as Click View is desired.
- Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by providers, sonographer supervisor, administrator and managers.
At least 1year experience in a high risk OB ambulatory clinic or other healthcare environment (hospital or outpatient unit) performing diagnostic ultrasounds and working with MFMs.
- BS or AS degree in a related health care category is preferable.
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program that is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education program (CAAHEP) is required
Licenses / Certifications:
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED) program from the American Heart Association.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Hold ARDMS registry upon hire.
- NuchalTranslucency NTQR Certified is preferred for Maternal Fetal MedicineSonographers
- Special Requirements: Must be able to work various hours and cover various locations throughout the network based on business, practice and provider needs.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC