Job Title: Cat Scan Technologist
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Full Time
Req #: 36963
Posted Date: Oct 03, 2023
Hiring Range: $48.22-$60.62
The Cat Scan Technologist is responsible for technical work involving the operation of Cat Scan equipment for the purpose of taking radiographs of various designated portions of the body using Cat Scan, to assist physicians in the detection of foreign bodies and the diagnosis of diseases and injuries. The Cat Scan Technologist also works as part of the Radiology Team to assist in performing minimally invasive procedures which use Cat Scan image guidance.
- Assists clinical providers with various procedures, treatments, and therapies using sterile surgical techniques and prepares surgical tray and equipment.
- Positions patients in preparation for Cat Scan Exams.
- Adjusts imaging equipment for each examination keeping the radiation dose within acceptable standards.
- Properly images exams and archives to PACS, also utilizes the Radiology Information Systems to keep accurate patient records.
- Tracks and secures supplies according to departmental guidelines.
- Troubleshoots Radiology Imaging equipment/systems as needed.
- Assists in orientation and training of new staff and students as requested and serves as a resource person and professional role model.
- Assures that the working environment is in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- May be assigned to other imaging modalities as needed.
- Does other related work as required
One year of experience in a hospital x-ray department or a private radiological laboratory performing diagnostic work is required. Two years preferred.
Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology Certification Program or Associate’s Degree, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Possession of a valid license and current registration issued by the New York State Department of Health as a Radiologic Technologist in the field of diagnostic radiographyis required. Also required to obtain certification by the New York State Department of Health for Intravascular contrast media injection within 6 months of hire.
Special Requirements: Must be certified and maintain current registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in the field of Radiography.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement