Job Title: Clinical Coordinator
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Emergency Room
Position: Full Time
Shift: Evening, Night
Req #: 34555
Posted Date: Mar 27, 2023
The clinical coordinator will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical care of the ED department in collaboration with the Director. The clinical coordinator will facilitate the activities of the department, coordinate patient care and ensure adherence to nursing care standards. They will act as a clinical resource person and mentor. Participation in performance improvement activities and staff development is essential. ent Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to the Hospital Core Values and Mission.
- Provides leadership, training, and support for staff by establishing performance expectations and providing constructive feedback to reorganize and/or improve positive performance.
- Establishes both short and long-term plans to meet department needs. Shows foresight in recognizing problems.
- Effectively communicates Hospital information, as well as departmental expectations and goals, to all staff by conducting regular staff meetings, posting appropriate memos, and holding individual communications sessions as needed.
- Implements policies and procedures in a fair and equitable manner.
- Effectively manages conflict resolution and conducts formal personnel counseling when needed.
- Manages the financial resources of the department effectively and efficiently.
- Prepares and manages annual departmental budget, determining the needs of the department and logically communicates reasonable requests to upper management.
- Is fiscally responsible with expenditure and shows a willingness to continuously improve.
- Recruits, interviews and hires competent candidates for department position, who will be supportive of the Hospital Mission and Core Values.
- Actively works to improve the working environment to aid in the retention of staff.
- Ensures proper orientation for all new hires.
- Supports and participates in Hospital recognition programs.
- Completes Initial and Annual Performance Appraisals within the required time frames.
- Ensures staff completion of mandatory education requirements.
- Ensures staff maintains updated professional licensure and certifications and forwards documents to Human Resources.
- Actively works with Employee Health to ensure that employees adhere to DOH/DNV/Infection Control Regulations.
- Provides ongoing training to staff to ensure productivity and knowledge.
- Ensures employee competency by providing ongoing staff development and continuing education opportunities, including staff participation in all mandated and regulatory programs.
- Implements and monitors patient safety initiatives to meet established goals.
- Reviews incident reports and patient complaints, follows up appropriately.
- Maintains target levels of customer satisfaction. Implements initiatives in the department to improve service to customers.
- Essential Job Responsibilities
- Review the duties in relationship to quality, quantity and productivity. Give examples and provide feedback as deemed appropriate. Please specify ‘Yes’ if Achieves Expected Performance, ‘No’ if not, and ‘N/A’ if not applicable. The following is a summary of the essential functions of this job. The employee may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below; and specific functions may change from time to time.
- Facilitate and direct the nursing care in the unit/department. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care. Utilize the nursing process as the means of care delivery.
- Works with interdisciplinary teams.
- Develops the nursing care to achieve optimal patient outcomes in collaboration with the Director.
- Monitors departmental compliance with regulatory standards DOH and DNV accreditation standards.
- Utilizes patient satisfaction data to improve care and service.
- Collaborates with the ED Director in developing and implementing unit specific goals while adhering to hospital wide goals, ED objectives, values and mission.
- Demonstrates positive leadership within the department/unit and the hospital.
- Promotes teamwork and team building to promote and implement effective nursing standards and care.
- Develops and revises nursing policies and procedures as needed.
- Acts as a change agent to continuously improve nursing services to meet the needs of HealthAlliance Hospital patients.
- Acts as a role model and clinical resource to all the nursing staff.
- Works with the medical staff and other departments to solve ED problems and achieve goals.
- Demonstrates teamwork philosophy through interaction with all HealthAlliance Hospital managers, employees.
- Provides effective communication throughout the department.
- Verbal and written communication is clear and well developed.
- Ensures that lines of communication between staff, management, and physicians are open; relay appropriate information in a timely fashion.
- Holds staff meetings with the ED Director to discuss departmental issues and relay information.
- Participates in hospital committees as appropriate.
- Assists and encourages staff to reach optimum potential.
- Interviews and hires competent staff in collaboration with the Director.
- Develops staffing plans to assure adequate, competent staff is scheduled to meet patient care needs.
- Assigns personnel; delegates specific ED job duties and tasks.
- Assures employee performance reviews are consistent with ED job expectation, employee communication and completed within an appropriate time period in collaboration with the Director.
- Identifies and coordinates cost effective and timely education and training programs/conferences for the nursing staff which meet the goals of the hospital and/or department.
- Maintains positive employee relations by identification and resolution of issues and effective conflict resolution skills.
- Ensures completion of staff training and development programs on a timely basis, including unit based orientation and a competency program.
- Promotes staff development by providing educational programs as needed.
- In collaboration with the Director, performance improvement activities are developed for the unit and the department.
- Identifies PI needs as appropriate; actively contributes to PI data collection and process.
- Consistently models attitude of continuous improvement to others.
- Documents unusual occurrences appropriately; tracks and analyzes all incidents.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management principles.
- Adheres to all policies and practices regarding confidentiality of electronic communications, including but not limited to: e-mail, telephone, voice mail, fax and Internet usage.
- Keeps current on updates to computer system where applicable.
- Uses data and information to assist in decision making
- In collaboration with the Director the unit budget is prepared – operational and capital.
- Continuously monitors the budget to meet financial goals.
- Effectively uses resources as evidenced by inventory control and pursue more efficient staffing/scheduling, yet assuring appropriate quality care.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN or actively enrolled in a BSN program preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 yrs. E.D. hospital nursing and experience as charge
- Certification in clinical area preferred; Current NYS licensed Registered Nurse
- BLS, ACLS and PALS Certifications required. TNCC , ENPC and CEN preferred
- Has demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development, a standard of excellence as a nursing practitioner with leadership qualities. 2-4 yrs. experience in specialty area. Excellence in clinical competence in all aspects of assigned unit.