Job Title: Interventional Cardiologist Physician
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Department: Admin - Orange County
Position: Full Time
Req #: 7406
Posted Date: Oct 12, 2023
Hiring Range: $400000.00 - $600000.00
This position is responsible for the management and delivery of specialized medical services. Areas of responsibility include the planning of a health care program related to the physician's specialty with emphasis upon preventive health measures; the diagnostic and treatment of patients within the specialty area; the coordination of the physician's specialty with other medical disciplines and with other members of the health care team. Supervision may be exercised over a few technical, medical, or clerical employees.
- Plans the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up procedures for the health care team assigned to the specialty, including routine laboratory procedures.
- Takes medical histories.
- Performs physical examinations.
- Prescribes treatment and/or medication.
- Decides on case disposition, i.e., return visits, laboratory tests, nursing follow-up, referral to other specialties, etc. When appropriate, prepares a health care plan for the patient with the appropriate member of health care team (public health nurse, community worker, social workers, or other disciplines, if required).
- Reviews patient records periodically to insure proper completion of the patient's chart and medical care.
- Attends patient case conferences.
- Participates in continuing education by attending appropriate meetings, conferences, and lectures.
- Conducts assigned responsibilities as a member of the staff of the backup hospital.
- Maintains community relations to insure effect and responsive treatment services.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Experience: Thorough knowledge of the medical area of specialization; thorough knowledge of the methods used in handling patients in a clinic setting; skill in the diagnosis of usual and unusual medical complaints related to the area of specialization; ability to plan and maintain an effective health program within the area of specialization, including an integration of preventive, prophylactic, and therapeutic objectives into the program.
A New York licensed physician has completed a program of medical education and received the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Licenses / Certifications: Current valid license issued by NYS Education department to practice medicine.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement