Job Title: Lead Radiology Technologist
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: WRM - HealthWorx
Hours: Per diem
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 34010
Posted Date: Sep 15, 2023
Hiring Range: 65.43
The Lead Rad Technologist is responsible for technical work involving the operation of complex x-ray equipment for the purpose of taking radiographs of various designated portions of the body using special procedures, to assist physicians in the detection of foreign bodies and the diagnosis of diseases and injuries.
- Proper positioning of patient.
- Developing of the x-rays.
- Maintenance of radiographic files for a prescribed period.
- Operating of CAT Scan equipment, and are assigned in one of these specialty areas.
- Partial supervision may be exercised over x-ray technicians, non-professional and clerical support staff in the way of quality control of work, and providing technical assistance.
- Does related work as required
Two years experience in a hospital x-ray department or a private radiological laboratory performing all types of diagnostic work including the operation of special procedures equipment such as CAT scan, angiographic or neurographic equipment.
Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology Certification Program or Associate’s Degree, required. Bachelor Degree, preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Possession of of a valid license and current registration issued by the New York State Department of Health as a Radiologic Technologist in the field of diagnostic radiography, required.